Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crash Boom Bang


There was a boomer around 7 am this morning. Fortunately the coffee pot fairy had already done her job and I was moving around. Knut and Finn took it very well and didn't bark and yip very much. They are mature dogs now. The power came back on and I got all the water tanks filled. No power, no water pump! I have plenty of water in the ground around the farm, but the sheep are locked in the barnyard while I'm at work with Thor in the barn with them. We had a lovely walk around the back field yesterday. I found a new light blue wildflower I didn't know of. Have to get myself a field guide to carry around. I checked the back cistern built by the Kupris family years ago and it was full of water, even after many days of no rain. I think I will make another pond there someday. I'm blessed with such delicious, wonderful water - liquid gold to a farmer.

No comments: