Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Summer Solstice


I've just spent two hours cleaning out my classroom. The top of the refrigerator is clean and the teachers' desks and countertops are empty. The pile of garbage waiting for the custodian is not too bad this year. I have several boxes of things to take home, but they will have to wait until I can bring a car around back to get them. I can't drag them to the opposite side of the school where I park. I'm also taking home our sewing machine. This room will be used by the summer school and I don't think they will be sewing. I'm heading home as quickly as I can as I want to enjoy the sunshine before the rain starts. We'll be wet for a couple of days. Three more days of school and I'll have my blessed time off for the summer. I can't really go anywhere - such is the life of a farmer - but Hannah and Luke are coming to visit and that will be wonderful.

No comments: