Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mia's Lavender Hearts


I made lavender soap hearts for Mia's best friend, Lisa's, wedding last year. Mia asked me to make some for her friend, Megan's, wedding coming up. Time was getting short and the lavender essential oil was late coming in the mail. I had no choice but to make the soap the night before Mia and AJ left to go back to New Jersey. The temp in the milk room said 102, and a thousand flies were attempting to dive bomb the hot soap as I was stirring and pouring it. Soap should sit undisturbed after pouring for at least 24 hours, but Mia had to pick it up and take it home. She called me at the fair today to tell me she cut the soap hearts today and they are perfect. I breathed a sigh of relief. Soap is a delicate and precise process, with expensive ingredients you don't want to waste. Mia will wrap these hearts in tulle closed with a ribbon to match the wedding colors. Pretty and aromatic favors!

No comments: