Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bridal Mania in Morristown




We are back on the farm after a whirlwind trip to Morristown to shop for Mia's bridesmaids gowns. Mia had two days off, and with bridal salons requiring 4 months to order gowns we were pressed to make a choice. With Hannah here on the East Coast for her annual visit, we jetted south to NJ to find a dress. Mia put us up in her lovely apartment, just a block off the town square. I feel like I just spent a day in Miami Beach, with all the upscale shops, restaurants and fancy automobiles parked end to end up and down South Street. The temp soared to 90 and people were eating outside all over town. We accomplished a ton of wedding tasks, and witnessed the unveiling of THE GOWN, which was just delivered from the San Francisco boutique where Mia picked it out with Matron of Honor, Lisa. We found the perfect cathedral veil, a vintage tiara and a pair of fabulous open-toe bridal pumps at the new salon, "I Do, I Do" in Morristown. As tempting as it is to put a picture of Mia wearing the gorgeous Marissa bridal gown on this post, I would risk excommunication from the affair altogether. Hannah loved trying on all the ladies' dresses and, just having turned 12, looks fantastic in anything she puts on. Luke tagged along and with the help of his DS (I call it The Box)and Harry Potter he was sufficiently amused to go the distance with the girls. We think we have a winner for the bridesmaids' gown - for the moment. So many dresses, and only one wedding!

2 comments:

Henya said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting blog. I was Googling for my old friends who used to own a woolen mill that I believe was called the Fingerlakes Woolen Mill and somehow I ended up here. I have only read a few of your posts but I definitely think that I have found some farm folks that represent the best traditions of American creativity and hard work. Greetings from Southern New Jersey! I will definitely return here and read more of your great writing in the near future.
-Dan