Thursday, July 01, 2010

Big Sky Country




Before I get started on things around the barn I like to get up to the pond and take in the breathtaking views. The enormity of the sky is overwhelming. I've been hear almost five years and am still in awe of beauty here in Brookfield. The weather today is picture perfect. Windy, sunny and warm, not hot. The flies lay low and the animals are happy. I can climb the big hill without breaking a sweat. We took the steeper path to the top, then went around the pond, disturbing every frog we could find. We follow the sheep trails back down the hill to take care of chickens, ducks, pigs, rabbits and enjoy my funny little farmy life. It suits me perfectly. I wait until I'm hungry, then eat breakfast. I hope the chickens have made some eggs for me. My older girls are slowing down and the teenagers are not laying yet. Chickens only have a finite number of eggs in them, just like humans. See, there is connective tissue between us and them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With a sky like that you must be starting the hay is your tractor there to help with this years crop?