Monday, April 12, 2010

Thistles and Branches



While out with the doggies enjoying the lovely spring weather, I looked for botanicals I can use in Mia's wedding. I want to use as many natural materials as I can. Mia and Andrew love the outdoors and I want their wedding to reflect that in some part. My farm has many patches of thistles, which I think will look great in arrangements with birch branches and long needle pine for reception tables. Have to find out what I can get from the florist in February to compliment them. Thistles have nice long stems for standing up in arrangements and would probably cost $5 each if I bought them from a florist! I don't think I will put them in her bouquet, though. Might scare Andrew a bit, coming at him down the aisle with prickly thistles!

No comments: