Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Missing Old Friends


The pond is just not the same without Bodie. Holly will dive in and swim out for the ball but she doesn't understand "Ball Here." I can't throw it again if she doesn't bring it to me. We're working on it. Old Jack lasted much longer than we thought he would - a faithful friend who only wanted to be with us, his pack. I think I mourn as much for the era our dogs lived through as the dogs themselves - happy days gone by. Bodie and Jackie rest side by side with a view of the lovely hillside where they used to play. Missing them...

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hannah and Luke really miss Bodie too. He was truly a special dog. And I'm glad Jackie had the opportunity to enjoy the good life at Maggie's Farm. Can't wait to hear all your stories from next week's spring break!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Bodie of the tennis balls was one in a million doggie :)
HUGS
Kim and crew

carol hewson said...

Bodie was a great dog! the only one I knew of your current pets- but all the dogs you have rescued, raised & loved were & are truly blessed!!! love carolh

Kathy said...

When you wrote:
I think I mourn as much for the era our dogs lived through as the dogs themselves - happy days gone by.
...you were absolutely dead on. (NPI) We just lost our 21-yo farm dog and I know exactly what you mean.
Lovely thought, and the photos are wonderful, too.
Kathy