Sunday, February 05, 2012

Moonrise Grazing

My flock, some shorn and some unshorn, enjoyed grazing on the hillside at sunset with the lovely moon rising yesterday.  TJ and Robin went outside with their mom for the first time, sticking very closely by her side.  Can you imagine the enormity of the hillside after spending their entire lives in the shelter of the barn?   After worming and vaccinations the lambs are relaxing back inside today.  Maggie is also relaxing a bit this morning with a duck egg/spinach omelette and numerous cups of Canadian Multatelli Organic French Roast coffee, a gift from my dear friends Kim and Darryl.  I am humbled and grateful for their loyalty and devotion to me and my farm.  I met Kim when she bought her very first angora bunny, Murphy, from me many years ago at NY State Sheep and Wool. 

1 comment:

miaaviva said...

I am grateful as well!!!! glad the day was smooth.. the sheep look so happy!