Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good Friends, Spikey and Monkey



Spikey is growing big and handsome but he still loves his momma. Velvet (AKA Monkey)doesn't seem to mind that Spikey follows her everywhere and curls up with her to sleep. Spikey is turning into quite the Stud-Buck, with good coverage and nice lines, and, he has those fabulous blue eyes from his grandmother, the mythical angora goat goddess, Celeste. There will come a time when Spikey will feel those hormones stirring, and Monkey will feel her hormones stirring, and neither will care that they are related. I have to decide what to do when that happens. Line breeding is okay for one generation but beyond that not advised. In the meantime I'm enjoying watching the pair who are never separated. Speaking of another celebrity pair who are never separated, my NJ fiber artist friend, Rebecca, came to visit with her husband, Mark. Rebecca is a black belt in karate, a vet-tech and a loyal journal follower. She decided it was high time to gas up and make the journey. I think she wanted to find out if this place was for real, or was I fabricating this whole farm situation. Rebecca was satisfied that yes, I am not making this all up, that I am the real deal. They did not stay for long as Mark wanted to find the Onondaga Reservation and stock up on those cheap native cigarettes. They had stopped in Cooperstown and Hamilton and stayed overnight at the Remember When B&B in New Berlin. They reported that the bed was too soft and the Mexican food in Hamilton was not as good as Casa del Sol in Frenchtown, NJ. I could have told them that. I had suggested Blues Concept, a terrific sushi place run by a couple of Long Island expats. Rebecca stocked up on Mother Fiber and I gave her a jar of Patchouli creme. She will go back to New Jersey with stories about her foray into the wild interior of upstate New York and visit to Maggie's Farm. I might see her again at Rhinebeck this October, hopefully.

No comments: