Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baby Ducks


My new baby ducks are doing great. Still no sign of mom. I can't help but think she is sitting on more eggs. I hope so, after giving me such cute little toys like these duckies I hate to think something bad happened to her. The first set of ducks is spending more time inside now. I wonder if they were scared by some kind of varmint, or just find it cooler inside like the sheep do. I have three sets of ducks now - the year old ducks, the three month old set and these tiny quackers. I think I'm set with ducks now. I just wish I know where their eggs are so I could eat some. Free range birds have "free will" to lay wherever.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Duck eggs also make the best pysanky. You should try blowing some and saving them for decorating at Easter!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Love the little dark fellows!!! Very sweet!
HUGS
Kim and crew

Henya said...

They are so cute! Hope the Mom is fine.