Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ducks on the Move




The four ducklings I purchased on our annual class trip to Frog Pond Farm this year were getting too big for their current cage. We needed to get them to better housing. I don't want to let them roam around the farm until they are bigger and stronger. After watching Pip, the pain-in-the-butt dog who I hope will be eaten by a bear, grab my beautiful Jemima Puddleduck and run off with her, I am even more nervous. She escaped unharmed after Holly intervened. We decided to put the teenaged ducks in a larger pen that housed last year's ducks over the winter. Hannah and Luke helped me move the ducks and tidy up the site of their previous residence. Ducks are incredibly messy when kept in cages. They are much better off roaming around where they can poop and splash at will.

No comments: