Sunday, July 24, 2011

Missing Chris


Still dealing with the loss of my llama, Chris, but he is gone and, as Texas Ranger Gus McCrae of Lonesome Dove would say, best way to deal with death is to get on your horse and ride away from it. Makes sense to me. Who knows what role that meningeal worm had in cutting short his life. At least he doesn't have to drag around that bum leg anymore. He had a good life which I will write about in my own time. I got him out of a tiny yard with 29 other llamas in NJ and he had acres and acres of fields, ponds and trees to enjoy. I sure did love that big guy and his little white friend, Breeze, who succumbed to that brain worm, carried by the deer, that is so prevalent here in New York. Matt was a big help to me with getting him to the dead pile as the sun came up and the temp hit 100 F. Chris was a huge llama and must have weighed 500 pounds but somehow we got him up on the flat bed and the field was dry enough that we didn't sink in. The coyotes are eating well I'm sure.

1 comment:

Henya said...

I am so sorry about your loss. Sending you much love.