Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sparkly Evening


Washington may be sporting glitzy gowns and weighted down with bling, but here on the farm life goes on and chores must be done. The sheep, goats, rabbits, pigs and chickens have no idea they have a new president. Wouldn't it be nice if universal health coverage could allow me to stay home with them??? We'll see what BHO manages to accomplish in that area. Tried to rush through chores so I could come in and watch the festivities but still took an hour and a half. With the milk room flooded I have to wear my rubber boots, slightly uncomfortable since I bought them half price two years ago and they're a half size small. I'll get the water swept out again tomorrow night. I went down to the tractor shed to make sure the shed kitties had food in their pot and discovered a pretty snow had been falling and the stars were out! My head light sweeping over the barnyard made the snow sparkle like little diamonds. I have to stop and take it all in. After the boys get their bottles and I rub cheeks with Lilly - sometimes she gets into it a little too enthusiastically and I get whacked upside the head - I come back inside to chill out and watch some more Presidential dancing (how are they still standing?) and listen to commentary. I'm so enjoying this. Have to get some product on my Etsy site. I hauled my dress form and bags outside yesterday and got some pictures. The light was failing but soft and pink. There are some snow flakes on the bags! That's unique!

No comments: