Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Cold


1 F. on the milk room steps, out of the wind. I thought it would be colder. Two hours north of me it's minus 25 F. The slop sink drain has frozen again, so no washing machine. Matt told me he only dug the trench 6 inches deep for the drain pipe, no wonder it froze. Wonder if I can find something to wear to work today? Easier to sit down and write about it before I face the problem. There is a laundramat in New Berlin...might have to spend some time there this weekend. I wonder if I can fit into Matt's jeans? I'm afraid to go to work for pipes freezing while I'm gone. I'll leave the drip on but I have to clear everything away from the sink so kitties don't knock something in and cause a flood. Okay, it's quarter to seven, better find some clothes and get to hauling water and doing bottles for Larry and Lester. My ewe still won't stand up. I pick her up and her legs are rubber. Gave her selenium with vit. e last night and am cooking her some oatmeal now. Better get Dr. Rachel over here. Probably waited too long...

No comments: