Thursday, September 25, 2008

Almost Friday


Rosanna brought me home at 5:00. She is the new science teacher and a vegetable farmer/logger in Brookfield. She's picking me up at 7:15 tomorrow morning. The tow truck guy went to get my F150 and he was able to drive it to the shop in Norwich. Who knows, maybe if I waited with the truck it would have started, but I had to get to work. Hope they can fix whatever it is, as I hate this kind of vehicle drama...and I NEVER want to hitchhike again! The nice lady who picked me up scolded me for hitchhiking - but I hardly had my thumb up at all before she stopped. Matt came home tonight - very happy to be here. It's nice to have a second pair of hands to do chores. He says he was getting tired of relaxing in a motel room at night. The training went well. He attended a conference with Dept. of Energy people and several agencies who provide heat for the poor. There is only so much money to be distributed and it won't cover what is needed. It will be a cold winter for many New Yorkers. Matt has a couple of dead trees picked out, but I don't think there will be time to cut them down before the snow comes. I bought him a Husqvarna chain saw for Christmas and it's hardly been used. Sewing for a while tonight then crashing into bed. I'm exhausted. Have to make creme and soap this weekend for next weekend, and keep sewing. Pray the truck gets fixed to get to the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival next weekend.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Hey babe :) Daryl says it sounds like a fuel pump or alternator. He says it'll be nothing serious and fixable.
Remember if you need a lift to the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival next weekend I have a van that can hold a lot of stuff. You say the word and I'm there (grin)
HUGS
Kim

Kathleen said...

Uuufff, Maggie, I've been in your shoes a couple of times, and it's no fun having a broken vehicle. As much as I appreciated rides from friends, I hated having to depend upon them. Hope the truck gets well soon!

Wood kept me warm for many a winter in Cheyenne! My little house there has a wood burner in the basement, and if I open the closet doors, the upstairs will warm up nicely! The chimney passes between the closet walls and out the roof.