Monday, October 08, 2007

Need a Clone of Myself


While I am producing all these delightful goodies to support my farm, chores are not getting done. I had the beginning of an anxiety attack this morning, thinking about winter coming on and all the tasks that must be completed before freezing or snowfall. When I go to work I can forget about all this and pretend the problems don't exist. When I am here it's all in front of me. There is a mountain of hay on top of me right now that has to be laid out across the floor. A couple of the wagons had too much milk weed for my liking (reported to be poisonous to sheep). I have enough trouble keeping them healthy without feeding them poisonous weeds. They manage to find them on their own. So I will have to sort out the milk weedy bales for insulation and seperate the others for feeding. It's still hot out - fine with me. I will suffer the discomfort of heat and humidity gladly. It means I don't have to sling heavy bales down the chute for their food. Randy got a job in a pallet factory. Unless he wants to do weekend work I will have to find another hired man. I am looking over a few at school right now, trying to pick out a good one. Trouble is, most of them live south of here in Chenango County, south of Norwich where our school is. At $3 a gallon, transportation becomes a problem. Back to running the sewing machine...all this will have to wait two weeks until Rhinebeck is over. Just hope I make enough money to get my unpainted in-stock kitchen cabinets. I'm getting awfully tired of this folding table kitchen.

No comments: