Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm Tired


My mother used to call me lazy. She said I didn't know the meaning of hard work. I think I do now. We unloaded three more hay wagons tonight, 125 bales each in 90 degree weather...and that was after rushing home from work to grab a sick kitty and driving another 15 miles to the vet. Almost all my little ones have a cold virus. I should be giving penicillin shots and eye drops to them all, but there is no way I can do all that, and my chores, and pack for Vermont. Farming is all about pushing one's self to the limits of human endurance anyway, but darn it I am tired. I sure hope people come out to this show. Last year it was a bust for us but I like the folks up there in Vermont and I wanted to give it one more year. I am anxious to display all the nice bags I made this summer. There was not time to wrap soap so I am putting it out naked and making a sign, Farm Fresh Soap. We'll see how that works. Have to go outside, hike up the hill and drive the sheep down to the barnyard. Then I am going to hit the sack and not move until the alarm goes off at six. AJ is coming to take me to Vermont. The plan was to unload the cargo trailer and sleep in it - but we will get there too late to unload and will have to sleep in the cab of the truck. I can just fit across the two seats but AJ will have to sleep folded up. Not what I had planned. Saturday night will be better.

No comments: