Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another Bloody Sunday


Here we go again, dutifully watching another installment of The War, the Ken Burns documentary. It started out as a blissfully relaxing Sunday morning, lying in bed until almost nine. I was up until one am watching Bill Mahre so the doggies were taken out in the wee hours to pee and held it until we got up at nine. So nice...I got four bags cut out this morning and made Lemongrass soap in the afternoon. I finished printing out the pictures for my Maryland Sheep and Wool application. It must be postmarked tomorrow. This will be my third application, and wish I could say it would be a charm. They are very fussy and don't want any more wool. They want different, unique products, related to sheep ofcourse. I am hoping my sheep signs and bags will work. Got some great pictures and printed them out on 8x10 glossy photo paper. Maybe that will help. Last year I bought some expensive advertising thinking that might help get me in, but no deal. I know my stuff is good enough, but will they want it? Don't know...I won't know for months. Had a lovely walk with the doggies tonight. Matt spent some time working on my workroom electric, says he will put the French doors in next weekend. That will be great. Then I will be able to get the dogs out in the morning easier. The best part will be not having everyone troop through the Milk Room to get in here. I'm tired and would love to go to bed, but still have to check on chickens and put cat food out, change the kitty boxes, get clothes ready for school tomorrow, fill out the Md. application, take the doggies out, get the sheep in, close the gate, etc. Seems like nothing compared to fighting my way through Europe. What a terrific series this is. Last week when the veterans were attending the dedication of the WWII Memorial in Washington, and they were sharing their war stories, Matt had tears rolling down his cheeks. He's like that...every time the American flag goes by in a parade he cries. Nice to have a Patriot in the family.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I want to know how it could be a Sheep and Wool show and have a limit on how much wool they have. Maybe you should take some goats?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kathleen! You bet your bags and such are deserving of the show ....... and if they haven't figured that out yet, their loss! Hang in there, may 3 is the magic number. But then again, when one door closes and (better) window opens someplace else!

Anonymous said...

oops, wish I could type.

It's supposed to say "a" (better) window ... not "and".

Maggie's Farm said...

Thanks, Kathleen and Jan...I "get by with a little help from my friends!" I love your support!