Monday, January 09, 2012

Hello Monday

When I make it back to work after a weekend on the farm I feel like I'm dwelling in a parallel universe.  School is so clean, brightly lit, and orderly compared to the farm.  Everything is vibrantly colored plastic and sparkling tile, with ceiling lights everywhere and floors you can eat off of.  I have so many friendly people to talk to.  Not that I don't have anyone to talk to on the farm, but they don't answer back in English!  Hello Monday morning.  Funny how you come back around again and again.  When I make it to my classroom, which is on the far wing, in the farthest corner of the school from where I park, and get the key in the door, and get my coat hung up and a quick peek in the mirror to make sure I got the make up in the right places,  I take a deep breath.  Every single species of creatures are fed, watered and contained for the day, no easy feat, until I return to them, hopefully, at the end of the day and do it all over again.  The rhythm works for me.

No comments: