Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No School Today


It wouldn't be half so much fun to have a paid holiday if I didn't have a job. One of the wonderful benefits of being tied to a job is to be set free at their expense once in a while. I love the cyclical nature of teaching. Days off around the holidays and a three day weekend here and there. Just when you think you can't take it any more it's summer and you have two months to fall back and regroup. Then a fresh new year begins and you have an opportunity to start over again. I crashed at 10 then woke up at 4:30, my internal alarm telling me you've had enough, get up and get busy. The doggies looked up groggily asking what's she doing up? Once I start rattling dishes to make coffee they are up jumping around, wanting to go out. I've learned the hard way to rush them out quickly! I got a letter and a thank you note from Hannah yesterday. Sweet little thing, she wants to receive more letters and I will comply. Hannah says her friends get lots of letters and she doesn't, a situation she describes as "very annoying!" I'll put one in the mail this morning on the way to Earlville to drop my things off at the Opera House. I'm excited about seeing what the local craft artists have come up with. One day down with no meat. I make cabbage and kidney beans with sour cream over rice last night. AJ is coming this weekend. I'm so excited about seeing him. He's staying at Mia's apartment in Morristown now. I love to watch the doggies go nuts when they see him. The weather is still mild. I was lying in bed thinking about the stock tanks icing over. I have to buy some floating tank heaters. I've never been able to be comfortable inside without knowing my sheep and goats have all the food and water they need. Soon the hoses will freeze, along with the bunny bottles. I will have to hook up the hose and detach it every time I water. Bunny bottles will have to be collected and brought in to thaw, or I will go to bowls and pour warm water in them twice a day. Long range plans include a closed in bunny room which will stay just above freezing. Thank Goodness I found such a big barn, I am using every inch of it.

No comments: