Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Wondrous Earlville Opera House Craft Extravaganza


I took six bags to the Earlville Opera House today. I thought I would leave my antique dress form I brought to hang the bags on in the truck and go in to check it out. The front of the building is very unassuming and I thought this show can't be too big. Weeellll, I was wrong. They had three rooms packed solid with the most beautiful collection of crafts that rivals anything I have seen in any big time juried show. The pottery is outstanding, jewelry dazzling and quilts awe-inspiring. There are several bag makers participating but mine are bigger and more substantial, making a variety for people to chose from. This area is loaded with talented people. I drooled over the traditional basketry. Crafters were still coming in with display cases and goods when I was there at 2, and they were continuing to take product until 5. I hope Jan can come up and see this show, it is just amazing.

No comments: