Thursday, November 29, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Up early to start sewing my last bag for the show this weekend. This is a sure-seller fabric and I wanted to take at least one. They flew out of the booth at Rhinebeck. I think I hit a record for bags this week, maybe 8 in one week? That's just like a second job. I'm sure my friend, Martha, is weaving baskets like crazy right now. Have to make hay while the sun shines. I poured the shaving block soap last night and wrapped my lavender until I ran out of fabric. I have a couple of aged goats and one sheep who are seperated and getting supportive care, more hay and grain and vitamin B shots. It's so sad when they get old. They just don't live long enough. One is Cupid, my oldest wether goat and Lonnie, one of my first ewes from Lisa Rodenfels in Ohio. When an animal comes to my farm they are here for life, that means more work but I would never "ship out" an old friend. Finish this bag tonight, then pack the truck, then off tomorrow for New Jersey, four hour drive, then lugging my whole booth up two flights of stairs. Might leave some of it for Mia to help me Saturday AM, but don't know if she can get there in time. Oh, well, good thing I am a big, strong girl.

No comments: