Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tommy Boy


This is Tommy Boy, son of Moonbeam and Jupiter. What a rack, huh? He has the same face as his mother and the big body and horns of his father. I remember the day he was born. I got home from work and there was Moonbeam, just quivering with excitement and pride over her new baby boy. Moonbeam was my very first angora goat. He was a single, and big and has his mother's blue eyes - unusual for a goat. Tommy Boy is bred out now and has to be seperated from the goats. I have to find another angora buck for next year and it won't be easy to replace Tommy Boy and Black Jack. I will probably buy a white buck to put some soft genes into the mohair. Colored hair is usually coarser than white. In the meantime, Tommy Boy will just look handsome in photographs and live out his days grazing the rough field and wild apple orchard under coyote ridge. I know he could flip a coyote or two with those horns...

No comments: