Saturday, March 24, 2007

Kelly Comes To the Rescue


Kelly, my friend from BOCES, brought her husband over today. Stephen is a super handyman who can do anything having to do with building, soup to nuts. He is going to help Matt finish the barn apartment so we can get out of the @#$^%$ trailer. Speaking of the trailer, we figured out what that blast of noise was the other day. It was the trailer falling off the jacks after ice melted and the ground shifted under it. Now we are walking on a tilt. Bad enough that we have to turn sideways to pass each other in the trailer...it is like walking up and down an airplane taking off. But not for long, with Stephen here to help. He is coming after work and weekends to GIT ER DONE! So while Stephen and Matt were cutting up sheet rock, etc. Kelly and I were playing with critters. She used to be a dairy farmer and milk 500 cows twice a day. So my crowd was no big deal to her. She helped me give shots to goats, bottle feed the lambs, get down hay and do the big grain feeding in the evening. As we were climbing the ladder to the hay mow, Kelly said, "You mean, you do this every day before you come to work???!!" I was incredily satisfied that she was incredulous at what I do. We wrestled outgrown lamb sweaters off the roly poly monkeys. She also helped me put a spinning wheel bag on ebay, and cleaned my computer of about a zillion bugs dragging it down. The rock is up in the Royal Throne Room in the apt, the room I am most interested in these days. I find myself fantasizing about the glistening white throne, untouched by human bottoms, in the Home Depot box in the barn. Unfortunately it has to go in the bathroom last, after the pine floor goes down! Matt built a bed and breakfast in Califon, NJ, which had five rooms and five toilets. They were considering selling it as a private home at one time, and Matt said, who in world would want five bathrooms to clean? Me! Me!! I said. I would pee in each one every day! Right now I would settle for one real toilet.

1 comment:

The socklady said...

Just love your blog, read it all the way thru today. Great looking lambs.