Sunday, March 04, 2007

Myrna is a Mother!


Myrna has two beautiful ewe twins, Nina and Natasha, and both are doing fine. Myrna is still wondering what Natasha, the second and black twin, is doing there. She had decided that the first twin was just what she wanted and the extra one is excess baggage. Maggie thinks otherwise and is trying to get them bonded. There was a half hour or so between births, and sometimes that's enough to disrupt the bonding process. Mom is more interested in getting some food and rest and what's this? on, no! not another one! Getouttahere!!! I have my hands full with Tonya and am hoping to avoid another bottle baby. But we do what we have to do. Matt heard what he thought were lamb sounds on the baby monitor and we got dressed and checked the barn at 1. I had set the alarm for 3 anyway. Nothing happening, Myrna still looking adoringly at Nina, annoyed at Natasha. We decide to milk her out again and I give both lambs a belly full of colostrum with the big syringe, pouring it slowly into the backs of their little mouths. Both swallow just fine, they are full and happy. Matt and I crawl back to bed...as of the time of this posting we are making progress but the jury is still out. Nina is fine, Natasha is still the interloper. I haven't given up! I am soooo happy the saga of Myrna becoming a mother is beginning, not ending!

No comments: