Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tippy Top

Took the dogs out then saw how gorgeously beautiful it is out there I had to keep going, all the way to the tippy top of my land.  What a gorgeous view.  I still gasp when I see it.  I live in one of the most beautiful little valleys in the world.   It's warmish even with the snow still coming down.  I had a light sweater on and that was almost too much.  Took my knitted cap off and let my hair get wet to cool off.  It was wonderful.  The pond ice is melting so I didn't dare take a step over it.   I know I could get myself out but it would really be a cold walk back down to the barn.  I plan on spending the rest of the day at the spinning wheel or sewing machine so I thought I should get the blood pounding for a few minutes first.  While going out to water the flock I spied a sweet little lamb fleece that was begging to be played with.  Even though I've shipped ninety pounds of lovely dyed fiber to the carding mill I figured one more wouldn't hurt.  The wood stove is roaring and it's a shame not to have some wool drying with that lovely heat.  I did say I wanted 100 pounds done this spring anyway.    I just love the feel of the stuff between my fingers.   Matt got the tractor going but lost the fan belt early on.  He drove to Sangerfield - 15 miles - to get another one.  Drove home and went to put it on to find it's the wrong size.  Back to Sangerfield, another 30 miles round trip.  Ouch.  At four dollars a gallon in a gas-guzzling Chevy Blazer it's an expensive trip.  Matt attempted to go to work in Syracuse today, but gave up and turned around.  He heard in the parts store that Morrisville Hill was closed after at four car pile up, so we wouldn't have been able to get there anyway.  He said he had a sexy woman at home and that's where he wanted to be, but with the tractor belt racing back and forth to Sangerfield I'm wondering...Watching the Weather Channel.  Eric, Annie and kids are getting pounded in Portland Maine.  They've had ninety inches of snow and are looking toward 100 before the season is over.  Welcome to Maine.  Actually, I think they are perfectly suited to the region as they love pitting themselves against the elements and heating with wood.  Speaking of heating with wood, we are almost out.  Same for hay.  Gee, we almost made it.

No comments: