Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sure Sign

Spring must be here as I am getting a hand full of chicken eggs in the barn.  I am very happy to have my eggs back, as the chickens must still be fed, even though they are not laying.  I buy them the very best wholesome egg layer I can find and give them plenty of it.  The wild chickens and roosters who won't stay in the chicken room have to fare the best they can.  Okay, I do feel sorry for them and throw out a scoop of cracked corn, but they don't get the high-dollar egg layer.  I've avoided buying store eggs, as they are produced in the most heinous inhumane way, and don't taste as good as my farm eggs anyway.  Spouse made this lovely omelette for me on Sunday.   It was years and years before he admitted to having the skill to make omelettes, or a cup of tea.

No comments: