Monday, November 12, 2012

New Curtains


We picked out this lovely linen blend fabric online at Fabric Guru dot com.  Shopping for fabric online is always risky.  It may look fantastic but you don't really know what the fabric is going to feel like or how it's going to behave when sewn.  This time we were lucky.  The linen was a dream to sew and did not even need ironing after hanging.  Mia wanted the light to shine through the pretty print so I did not line it.  She's thrilled with the results and so am I.  I made her a tablecloth to cover her desk to use for entertaining.  I saved the rest to cover the pillows on the new sofa she ordered yesterday.  It gives me enormous pleasure to do these little things for Mia.  I can't pay off her student loans, but I can make sure she is always swimming in custom window treatments, pillows and duvet covers!

No comments: