Monday, September 03, 2012

Spinning

Yes, my head is spinning.  How to do as much as I possibly can today before I surrender my freedom to do whatever I want - which is always some kind of work - to do what is expected of me at school.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for my job, but I love staying home on the farm.  I have another run of Mother Fiber ready to go out to the mill.  I never know when I start what I'll end up with.  It depends on what fibers I have ready to work with, what dyes I currently have, the alignment of the planets, my current mood, etc.  I love strong, vibrant colors, or dark, natural colors.  Pastels leave me limp.  I found a pale blue sweater in the tractor shed that I started years ago before yet another move threw my world into a tailspin.  Didn't do anything for me and I know it won't get finished.  This latest run will be bright salmon, chartreuse and purple.  I'm spinning some corn yellow from years ago and hoping I can find some fawn angora somewhere to ply it with.  Angora/wool blends never stay long in the hand spun basket.  Think I'll spin a bit before I get to work in the barn.  My hand spun basket is looking healthy at the end of the summer.  I need to make up some simple knitting patterns for people to make hats, scarves, socks, etc. because people always say what can I make with this?  Truth be told, I like the way the hand spun looks in the basket with the pretty little skeins keeping each other warm.

No comments: