Monday, September 17, 2012

Fabulous Fingerlakes

The 18th Annual Fingerlakes Fiber Festival was a fantastic success.  Many friends from previous years came to visit me in my booth.  The weather was terrific and the booth was busy.  I am very grateful for all those loyal supporters who keep my farm going with their purchases.  Everything I make was validated and I am so fulfilled.  I am inspired to remain true to my mission - to spin yarn from my own fibers, from my own animals, resisting any commercial imports.  I only support small shepherds, like myself, where I know the sheep/goats/bunnies/llamas are well-cared for and not shipped off to an unknown fate via cruel auctions.  These shepherds are very hard to find, so I spin my own wool and mohair.  My products are very basic and functional and are designed to make life easier and more beautiful.  My soap cleans, my creme moisturizes, my wool insulates and my totes carry the burden of busy lives.  Thank you all, for your continued support and encouragement.

1 comment:

Jody said...

I hope to someday have an opportunity to visit your booth Maggie and buy some of your lovely soap and hand dyed wool :-)