Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sunrise


I can't see the sun coming over the ridge behind the barn but this view is visible from the window. I like the old barn on the horizon. It is owned by an absentee landlord, so common around here. They come up once in a while to hunt (not ever on my land) or ride snowmobiles (not on my land, either) or enjoy the beautiful countryside. Baby Thunder is lying in state in the tarp just below the barn in the picture. Fortunately it's cold again and we're expecting snow. We had a couple of days of tee-shirt weather but it was over New Year's and not enough time to get a machine in here to dig a proper grave for him. It's back to work tomorrow for me. I love staying home on the farm, but as long as I have my job nobody can tell me I can't have my sheep!

No comments: