Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hamilton Revisited






Up late last night to make a big batch of hand creme, up at 5:30 to load up. Rain threatening but it held off for the better part of the day. The market was buzzing with families in town for the Colgate graduation. Just perfect for the marketeers. I had a better day than last time, and with Matt there to stay at the table I was able to wander around a bit. So many garden vendors selling flowering pots and veggies and some very crafty artisans. One fiber artist is opening a studio right on the square in Hamilton. She's a clothing designer from Pa. who weaves and dyes her own cloth. I'm anxious to pay her studio a visit. I met people who had come from very far away, including a lady from Pakistan who travelled 18,000 miles to see her son graduate. She was enthralled with my products and asked if she could take pictures of the table. I sold a bit of everything I had brought, including one little clay button purchased as a gift for the art teacher at their school. How charming. Two repeat customers bought bags, along with a lady from Ft. Lauderdale Florida who bought my Rain Forest bag. We ate lunch at the Hamilton Natural Foods shop, falafell pita as usual. Home to unload and a nap before chores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Memories of great fun, great people, great sales, great food, and best of all, a wonderful friend! Can't wait till I can share the load and a Farmer's Market Saturday with you!