Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Countdown


Okay, let's see. Got the shaving blocks done and they came out fantastically...just the right amount of mashing and cooking made a lovely texture kind of like granite - perfect! I cut them by hand which gives them a funky look. Mia's brushes and dishes are tied on, ready to go. Tonight is hand creme night. Have to stop and get more jars on the way home, pray Wal-Mart has them. Make creme, roll out clay for the few more buttons I need, cut them out, cook them and try not to burn them up again. I decided to have a Hand-Spun Grab Basket with all my little bumps of hand-spun. If I have time I will empty all my bobbins on the ball winder. I love the little bunches of wool, they feel so good in my hand. Maybe someone will see the potential that I do. Still have to find peck baskets for my dyed locks. I wonder if Auntie Jan has had any luck. Matt passes a hardware store on the way home but it closes at 5! With gas at $4.50 a gallon here and time precious I can't ride around looking for them. Gotta hit the road and head for work.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

You've really got your work cut out for you! After the show is finished and everything settles down I need to talk to you about some buttons.

And who is that gorgeous thing standing in your work room?

Anonymous said...

Well Auntie Jan has a varity of "Martha" baskets that she'll have to discuss with you. And, today she (me) found some sea grass baskets that measure 14" at the top. They funnel gently down into a flatten V base -- deep enough to tantalize buyers with a view of the wonder wool, but not too deep to block the under-layer. They stack and can be hung if we can figure out a way. Best,they were inexpensive and have a very natural look (duh). Let's talk ....

Remember to get yourself enough rest/sleep so that you can enjoy being at the show! What will be will be!

And speaking of buttons, don't forget the ones I sent at Christmas!

Look out Maryland, here we come!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Good luck, drive safe and may the cash flow into your booth rapidly :) Hope they realize they have a real artist with them -you bags rock!!!
HUGS to you all the crew!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Good luck at Maryland!! Drive safe.
hope they realize what a treasure they have in their presence -may the sales be brisk and the weather good :)
HUGS to all