Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Housework, what's that?


I don't have a dishwasher, so when the dishes pile up it is a big deal to wash. I have to take piles out of the sink and sit them on the floor so I have room to wash. Then I have to wash in stages because the dish drainer fills up. It took two hours today. Two hours I could have been plying my newest roving, a wool, alpaca, mohair and angora mix. Ohhh did it come out nice. I am anxious to felt some of it...all kinds of ideas keep floating in and out about felted purses, vests, etc. And all that luscious new fabric I bought for tote bags. Garden State Sheep Breeders show is coming up soon, Sept. 17 and 18. Then Vermont, then Rhinebeck, my favorite show. I don't know, Vermont is wonderful, too, and smaller - more time to chat with farmer/vendors like me.

Time to get to work...110 on the kitchen thermometer on the shady side of the house...I better get some fiber off the outside bunnies. I have fans on them 24 hrs. a day and they are in the shade but it's still too hot for coats on. Too hot for dye pots, too, but maybe at night...

No comments: