Saturday, February 04, 2006

Be true to your blog...

I knew better than to make a New Year's resolution regarding my blog. They are made to be broken. But I do want to post regularly. There is so much to tell. I really enjoy logging on two a couple of blogs, and I am disappointed when there is nothing new. So why would I disappoint people who might be interested in what I am doing?

I noticed I stopped blogging when I went back to school in Sept. What a summer, ups and downs. Father passed, family troubles, fighting over the pond draining, bought the new farm (a very good thing), Hannah and Luke coming to vist (also good thing), the Swedish Weaving School, which was a bit much.

Okay, here it is...picture an idyllic setting in the Berkshires, weaving studio in the attic, six looms in very close proximity, wanna-be weavers coming from as far away as California, VERY talented and dedicated weaving teacher. I brought a friend from the high school where I teach. She has a lot of health problems, but tried as hard as she could. We stayed in a cabin high up on the hill behind the weaving house, with an out house even higher up on the hill. Beautiful views all around.

Well, I, who have a flock of a hundred sheep and goats, many rabbits, chickens, dogs, cats, etc., was surprised to find there were NO animals at all at this place. I was so homesick for my own critters, and think a cat or even a hampster would have helped me deal with my longing for something fuzzy or furry. Not even a bird feeder. OH, yes, there was a snake in the outhouse, but he doesn't count. The heat was hideous in the attic, with only two fans for six looms. The food was great, people were nice, but I just couldn't get into weaving for 15 hours a day. I just didn't get what I had hoped out of it. Maybe too stressed from the summer and brought the tension with me? I don't know.

My friend, Jan, who was so anxious to go, and the reason why I didn't cancel the week after I bought the farm and was thinking about other things, has not even set up her loom. I managed to get her spinning, and she bought a wheel, but she never spins. Oh well...I spin like my life depends on it. I know I will get my beautiful Glimakra set up at the new farm...someday.

Enough for now...

Maggie signing off...

No comments: